Paint, tiles, marble or mirrors - what to chooseFor finishing the bathroom? Today we will talk about the most sought-after finishing materials for the harvest, and find out their pros and cons. Do you plan to make a good bathroom renovation, but have not decided on the type of finishing yet? We offer to consider the most interesting versions of materials that are capable of providing moisture resistance, hygiene and resistance to chemical agents. In addition, they have good aesthetic properties and are practical.
1. Practical and budget-staining
Since there are many types of paint on the building materials market, you need to choose the most suitable option specifically for the bathroom. Types of paint:
- Water dispersive.
The first two are yesterday.They do not have all the properties we need. Oil paint does not allow walls to breathe, dries for a long time, and water-based paint is quickly washed off and loses its attractiveness. Therefore, we will dwell in more detail on water dispersion paint. It is divided into several types, including latex and acrylic, which we need. pros
- In the composition of these paints there are antifungal additives;
- They are moisture-resistant, they are easy to take care of, these paints are not washed off;
- Latex paints have excellent elasticity and perfectly cover cracks up to 1 mm wide;
- Latex perfectly prevents the formation of dirt and grease;
- Thanks to a variety of palettes on the walls, you can easily create any ornaments and patterns.
- So that the walls look attractive, a preliminary leveling of the surface is required, so all corners in the room must have the right shape;
- Ready-made painted walls must be constantly wiped off with water.
2. Classics of the genre - ceramic tiles
Due to its excellent qualities, ceramic tiles have not gone out of fashion for more than one century. pros
- It reliably protects the walls and the floor from moisture;
- Easy to clean and clean;
- On the surface of the tile, bacteria do not have the ability to reproduce, so this material is hygienic;
- Tiles perfectly combined with glass, metal, stone and mirror surfaces;
- A large assortment allows you to realize any design ideas.
- Because of the fragility, the tile is able to split if it is dropped by a hard, heavy object;
- A complicated process of installation (it is difficult to do without a specialist).
3. Interesting modern novelties - agglomerate
It is a modern material consisting of a variety of substances. Cement acts as a connecting element between them. Externally, the agglomerate is similar to glossy ceramic tiles. pros
- Despite the fact that the coating is very thin, it is strong enough;
- It is a material with excellent operational properties and good density;
- Just take care of it;
- Thanks to a diverse color palette, it's easy to create interesting surfaces.
- To the main disadvantages of the agglomerate is the non-naturalness of the material and the high price.
4. Natural material - marble
Many people love marble for its beauty, naturalness.and versatility. It makes it easy to create luxurious interiors. Floors and walls faced with marble look spectacular. The colors range from light, almost white, to gray and almost black. pros
- Since the marble is porous, its appearance may deteriorate over time due to contamination, so constant, proper care is required.
Julia Kirpicheva, designer:- Marble is one of the most beautiful natural materials used for decoration, including bathrooms. It is a hypoallergenic material that has natural antiseptic properties and is not afraid of water. It should be borne in mind that the floor should be tiled with unpolished marble slabs so that it does not slip and does not create traumatic situations. An interesting solution on the wall would be to use a marble slab. Thanks to the unique design, combining different types of marble, you can create a unique author's interior.
5. Mosaic and mirrors
Mirror tiles and mosaics are great for small spaces. pros
- These two types of finishes are able to give the room a visual space and light;
- The design of the room with mirrored and mosaic surfaces creates an amazing effect;
- With the help of the mosaic you can create a variety of patterns.
- It is always necessary to wipe from moisture, so that there are no stains on the surface;
- In the case of mechanical shocks, heavy objects can split;
- According to the method of laying, the mirror tile is the same as the ceramic tile, therefore specialist services are required.
Lena Inashvili, designer:- For me, the choice of bathroom finishes is one of the most important moments when working on an interior. I almost always choose natural materials: marble, stone, exclusive mosaics. I give preference to factories Petra, Petracers, Sicis. Petra marble tiles and mosaics are amazingly beautiful materials, a real work of art. Luxurious decors made using traditional Renaissance techniques can be said to be precious. Even with a small budget, you can afford this luxury by decorating the walls in fragments, if you take an inexpensive background tile or travertine as a basis. In a room with good ventilation, decorative plaster can be used. One of the walls can be decorated with gorgeous decors, combining the lightness of the main walls and the grace of materials with hand-applied gold or silver elements. The interior of such bathrooms will always look original and give individuality to each house, and most importantly, it is durability and environmental friendliness.
6. Designer's favorite - porcelain tiles
Porcelain stoneware has deservedly become a true favoritedesigners due to its unique performance properties. It is a strong and durable material that is resistant to scratches and mechanical damage. Its rich color palette and a variety of textures make it possible to embody the most daring and unexpected ideas in the interior. pros
- Color remains unchanged, regardless of external influence on the material;
- Resistant to abrasion and chemical agents;
- Has excellent impact strength, as well as bending strength;
- Calmly reacts to temperature changes;
- Perfectly keeps on the floor and walls;
- When the glue falls into microcracks, it does not show through stains, unlike natural stone.
- For laying this material special adhesive solutions are required.