The time has gone when the circle of floor coveringsLimited to parquet, linoleum and painted boards. What is it worth to choose today for the bathroom, kitchen, hallway, living room and bedroom? Modern materials are real design solutions. Accounting for their technical features is not an easy task, especially since they can be very different for each room. We asked the founder and managing director of the design repair service "Quadrime" Timur Abdrakhmanov about which version of the finish floor covering is preferable depending on the purpose of the room. How to choose
- It is not enough to know the characteristics of the material, because in many coatings they are similar. It is worth starting with the general selection criteria - they can become significant restrictors.
- Location of the room. For example, if the apartment is on the first floor, and in the basement dampness, then you have to choose only moisture-resistant materials.
- Stacking technology. The thickness of different materials, especially after laying, is significantly different, which can create obstacles and discomfort when moving from room to room. To avoid this, it is necessary to do an equalizing screed.
- The price of the material. Artistic parquet and natural stone are not the most accessible materials, therefore, when choosing them, the price should be considered before the aesthetic effect. This material is suitable, for example, if you really need to emphasize your social status.
- State of overlappings. It is not always possible to make a concrete screed in an apartment with wooden ceilings, before you need to calculate the load in order to avoid emergency situations. And the majority of modern finishing floor coverings require an even basis.
- Composition of the inhabitants. If the apartment has a large family with children and pets - you will have to choose something that is solid and simple in cleaning.
Now let's see how the finish depends onfeatures of each room. So we get a priority set of technical and operational characteristics of the material, which will help us make the best choice. Related articles Bedroom - coziness and comfort The peculiarities of the room are that it is a place for relaxation, where you want silence, the opportunity to walk barefoot, enjoy such a cosiness that does not depend on fashion, but on personal taste. For the bedroom, laminate is preferred as a more durable and rich texture finish. But the laminate is cold, so you have to compensate for this disadvantage with a heating system or cover the floor with a thick carpet. More comfortable solutions are “warm” floor coverings such as carpet, natural wood, parquet, parquet board. The advantage here is behind the parquet board: it is cheaper than parquet, but in appearance it is not inferior to it. It is a natural material with good heat-insulating properties, easy to maintain and durable. Children's room - safety and practicality OnThese are the qualities of the flooring that parents pay the most attention to. The top 5 natural materials on the modern construction market look like this: cork, natural fiber carpets, wood flooring, bamboo flooring and natural linoleum. It is not by chance that cork is ranked first. It is highly durable, water-resistant, does not creak, dampens noise. It is especially valuable that it is antistatic, hypoallergenic and bactericidal, does not collect dust. It gives excellent tactile sensations (soft, warm), due to its elasticity, it reduces the load on the fragile children's spine. Corridor and hallway - durability It is important herecombine the two criteria. Firstly, durability, since these premises take on the blow of the natural elements from the street. Secondly, from here, guests evaluate your home, and the hallway should represent it with dignity. The best coatings are porcelain stoneware and ceramic tiles. Both materials are resistant to moisture, easily cleaned of any dirt, even from traces of rubber shoes, durable. At the same time, they are aesthetic and provide great opportunities for interior decoration. Porcelain stoneware is even more durable than tiles, and great opportunities for creating a unique design, because it perfectly imitates the texture of any natural stone and wood. Kitchen and bathroom - confronting aggressive environmentsThese premises have increased requirements for many characteristics, but the priorities here can be very individual. Let's evaluate the main characteristics of floor coverings that can withstand aggressive environments. Since it is important for the bathroom floor in the first placeturn moisture resistance, laminate will not work. The bathroom floor made of natural stone will not be very comfortable, because it is difficult to maintain and does not retain heat well. Therefore, the best option for this room is tile or porcelain stoneware. Additional pluses of a tile floor in a bathroom: many variations of the pattern, from monochromatic to patterns. There are also many ways of laying - diagonally, in parallel, in a checkerboard pattern, "herringbone". Additional pluses of a bathroom floorporcelain stoneware: combines the advantages of natural stone and tiles, therefore it is distinguished by exceptional strength and durability. Imitation for any material is possible, even metal and fabric. For a luxury kitchen, natural stone is suitable. It is luxurious, unique and not just aesthetically pleasing - for decades your kitchen floor will look like it was just made. True, to maintain such a state, care and polishing are needed from time to time. Ceramic tiles for the kitchen are good for everyone, exceptthe fact that you have to come to terms with the loss of dishes that have fallen to the floor. It will inevitably break. In this respect, porcelain stoneware is more careful. And in terms of the totality of other characteristics, this is the best material for the kitchen. Laminate flooring is inferior to its counterparts in a number of characteristics, but in fact it is bought quite often. In a kitchen where beet juice and fat from pans are not spilled on the floor, where pipes do not flow, and where neighbors do not flood you with streams of water from above, this floor covering will serve faithfully for many years.