Light in the interior sometimes plays the same importantrole, as well as a comfortable arrangement of furniture or the quality of finishing. Some are convinced that one chandelier is enough, is that true? We found out from a specialist. If you are of the opinion that one lamp cannot be enough, then you need to think about lighting scenarios even at the project stage. Consider all the points: where you like to read, what level of lighting you need for complete relaxation, how to more effectively highlight the advantages of the interior with light. Lighting is a serious matter, which is why we turned to interior designer Yulia Kirpicheva with a number of pressing questions. Julia Kirpicheva, interior designer Head of Johnson Design Studio. Johnson Design Studio is a professional team of architects, designers, constructors and other qualified professionals who are united by one goal - to create an individual image of any interior. johnson-studio.ru - - How to organize lighting in an apartment? What are the nuances to consider? - - Daylight is the most valuable thing in the interior. It gives the interior depth, atmosphere, feeling and volume. Any professional designer, architect, decorator always tries to increase the daylight. But in most cases we are faced with apartments, houses, in which the deficit of daylight is expressed.
- One of the best solutions for lighting an apartmentIs a combination of spotlight, decorative light and LED strip. Such lighting will evenly illuminate the space, emphasize the depth and create a cozy atmosphere, visually increase the space. In this scenario, we can combine lighting: use all sources at once, or individually, thereby controlling the brightness of light.
- The degree of illumination can also control the dimmer. At its purchase it is necessary to consider, that there are dimmers for traditional lamps and for light-emitting diode tapes.
- When using the built-in light andIn addition to the location of the luminaires, it is recommended to consider the location and dimensions of the transformers. Specialists in built-in light will help to calculate the degree of illumination, orient, where to hide the transformers.
- It is better to use warm light in an apartment. The optimal solution is to use a lamp with a color temperature of 3,000 Kelvin.
- LED strip, if it is visible, for example, is located on a shelf, it is better to use with a matte profile - this will soften the light and not cause discomfort to the eyes.
- - What lighting techniques can be used tovisually expand the space? - - The first technique is the arrangement of lamps around the entire perimeter of the room, which will help to uniformly illuminate the entire room, which means that it will visually increase the space. If the luminaires are rotatable and can be located at different angles, you can direct the light in a certain direction so that it illuminates one of the walls. This technique will also help visually enlarge the space. The second technique is to place the sconces on the mirrors, this will increase the light from the lamps, create a festive atmosphere. This technique can be used in the hallway, bathroom. - - Is it possible to visually raise a low ceiling with the help of light? - - This is possible if you use:
- Wall sconces, which will not shine down, but up;
- Built-in lighting in the floor, the light of which will also be oriented to the ceiling.
A ray of light will create an additional vertical - thisAlso help visually raise the ceiling. It is important to place the built-in light in the floor in such a way that it is not accessible to the eye, not blind, for example, between the wall and the sofa. - - Light is able to smooth out some flawsinterior? If so, how? - - The principle of compositional construction of the interior is the main, secondary and accents that play along with the main. Highlight the compositional dominant of the interior with light. It can be as overhead swivel lamps aimed at it, an LED strip that emphasizes the shape, or just sconces on the sides. All these effects will distract from flaws: improper room configuration, low ceilings. Emphasize the important and the best in the room through lighting. - - Is it possible with the help of light to create this or that atmosphere, set the mood of the interior? - - When designing the lighting of a room, initially you need to take into account at least three scenarios for turning on the light: the use of all light sources, decorative lighting and backlighting. LED strip is a great way to create a cozy atmosphere in a room. The tape can be used to highlight shelves, a coffee table - this will create the effect of the table floating in space. - - What techniques with lighting do you most oftendo you use in your work? - - The use of LED strip for furniture, lighting pedestals, shelves, countertops. Luminaires built into the wall, for example, in the corridor, using a motion sensor. By the way, good reception of night illumination. I also use sconces with an up-and-down glow effect, surface-mounted and recessed luminaires that have a turn. - - What brands do you prefer? - - I like the Austrian brand XAL. I was at the XAL factory in Austria. I would like to highlight their innovative approach to the development of lighting fixtures and repeated product testing. The brand provides a large assortment, interesting design of lamps. Among the advantages, I also note a combination of various functions, for example, the material of a floor lamp or a lamp is soundproof, which is very convenient, especially in offices, restaurants and other public spaces. Noise level is one of the first factors to consider when designing public spaces.