Flowers in the house are always a holiday and a good onemood. And what about predatory carnivorous plants? They are more and more popular lately due to their eccentricity, mobility and overall attractive appearance. In our article - the most popular. And, of course, the rules of care In the world there are about five hundred known plants that prefer, in addition to photosynthesis, to eat small insects. By placing such a miracle at home, you can not only admire its beauty, but also observe the process of hunting. The spectacle is not for the faint-hearted, but very intriguing! 1. Dionia One of the most popular plants when talking about predators is considered to be a dionia, or - more common name - "venus flytrap". This exotic plant is spread on another continent and attracts by its special mechanism of hunting, which is really amusing to watch: the diona usually waits for its victim for a long time before slamming the trap into which it falls instantly. The presence of such a flower will add color and liveliness to the interior, and in summer will save the problem of flies utilization. An important remark: do not feed the diet with meat or sharpen pencils in it. 2. Nepentes Another representative of the flora, who prefers to eat flies, mosquitoes and other small insects. They attracted them with a fragrant liquid in jugs, which contains a special enzyme, which is conducive to digestion. When caring for the plant, you need to follow certain rules, but this will pay off with a large amount of colors, which, of course, will give a lot of options and decor ideas for any premises. 3. Sarracenia A plant with large leaves that look similar to a jug is a sarracenia. Inside the leaves, which differ in bright color, there are traps for insects, which, without suspecting, get there and disappear for good. The predator prefers a lot of sunlight and abundant watering, but at the same time it can grow on poor soil, since caught prey can provide livelihood. 4. Rosyanka This predator can be found even in our region. White flowers, and the leaves are covered with hairs, on which you can find small droplets of liquid. They contain an enzyme that allows you to catch and immediately digest insects, thereby providing the necessary influx of vitality. In this case, the plant is in no hurry: when the food is stuck to the leaves, they begin to slowly fold, gradually filling with liquid. The whole process can take several days, after which the leaves again unfold, ready for new victims. 5. Heliamfora Growing mainly in marshland, the heliamphora has bright jugs. They accumulate nectar, which attracts ants, mosquitoes, beetles and other small animals. Then they fall into a trap, rolling down inside, and are digested. But the fact that this predator lives in South America does not in the least interfere with keeping it at home: you need plenty of sunlight, watering three times a week and a constant drop in daily temperatures. In the latter will help the fog generators, fluorescent lamps and visual control of color. Basic rules of care:
- Watering should be correct. No lime, it is best to use rain or distilled water, which is poured into the pan. The flytrap can not be watered from above, it should be sprayed.
- Plants can be kept on the windowsill.
- For small plants use glassA container or a special aquarium that serves as a greenhouse. It is impossible to grow predatory plants in clay pots, since clay has the property of accumulating harmful salts in itself.
- It is necessary to maintain a high level of humidity - about 70%.
- Do not put carnivorous plants near the battery or other heaters.
- Predators love, when it is light, but direct sunlight is better to avoid. Artificial home lighting - a way out.
- If the shoots become too long, this means a lack of light.
- Insectivorous plants do not need fertilizers.
- They prefer a wet acidic environment. In the soil with such parameters can be peat, a mixture of moss and river sand.
- In winter, plants have a period of hibernation, so their betterContain in a light, but cool room with a temperature of +5 to +10 degrees. In the spring new traps begin to form, and to the sun of the predator should be accustomed gradually.
- They can reproduce as roots, and leaf cuttings, and seeds. But this is a complex process.
- The ideal food for them is that plants consume in a natural habitat. Therefore, only living insects, and infrequently.
- And yes, do not touch the traps with your fingers!
Most of the photos were taken by Oksana Kashenko in the Aptekarsky Garden.