Flowers in the house are always a holiday and a good onemood. And what about predatory carnivorous plants? They are more and more popular lately due to their eccentricity, mobility and overall attractive appearance. In our article - the most popular. And, of course, the rules of care In the world there are about five hundred known plants that prefer, in addition to photosynthesis, to eat small insects. By placing such a miracle at home, you can not only admire its beauty, but also observe the process of hunting. The spectacle is not for the faint-hearted, but very intriguing! one.Dionea One of the most popular plants when talking about predators is Dionea, or, more commonly, the Venus flytrap. This exotic plant is widespread on another continent and attracts with its special hunting mechanism, which is really interesting to watch: Dionea usually waits for a long time for its prey, before quickly slamming the trap into which it falls. The presence of such a flower will add color and liveliness to the interior, and in the summer it will save you from the problem of disposing of flies. An important note: you do not need to feed the Dionea with meat or sharpen pencils in it. 2.Nepentes Another representative of the flora, which prefers to eat flies, mosquitoes and other small insects. They are attracted by the aromatic liquid in the jugs, which contains a special enzyme that facilitates digestion. When caring for a plant, you need to follow certain rules, but this will more than pay off due to the large number of colors, which, of course, will give a lot of options and decor ideas for any premises. 3.Sarracenia A plant with large leaves that look like jugs is a Sarracenia. Inside the leaves, which are distinguished by a bright color, there are traps for insects, which, without suspecting anything, get there and disappear forever. The predator prefers a lot of sunlight and abundant watering, but at the same time it can grow in poor soil, since the caught prey can provide food. 4.Dewdrop This predator can be found even in our area. The flowers are white and the leaves are covered with hairs on which small droplets of liquid can be found. They contain an enzyme that allows you to catch and immediately digest insects, thereby providing the necessary flow of vitality. At the same time, the plant is in no hurry: when the food stuck to the leaves, they begin to slowly curl up, gradually filling with liquid. The whole process can take several days, after which the leaves unfold again, ready for new victims. five.Heliamphora Growing mainly in swampy areas, Heliamphora has brightly colored pitchers. They accumulate nectar, which attracts ants, mosquitoes, beetles and other small animals. Then they fall into a trap, rolling inward, and are digested. But the fact that this predator lives in South America does not at all interfere with keeping it at home: you need an abundance of sunlight, watering three times a week and a constant drop in daily temperatures. Fog generators, fluorescent lamps and visual color control will help in the latter. Basic rules of care:
- Watering should be correct. No lime, it is best to use rain or distilled water, which is poured into the pan. The flytrap can not be watered from above, it should be sprayed.
- Plants can be kept on the windowsill.
- For small plants use glassA container or a special aquarium that serves as a greenhouse. It is impossible to grow predatory plants in clay pots, since clay has the property of accumulating harmful salts in itself.
- It is necessary to maintain a high level of humidity - about 70%.
- Do not put carnivorous plants near the battery or other heaters.
- Predators love, when it is light, but direct sunlight is better to avoid. Artificial home lighting - a way out.
- If the shoots become too long, this means a lack of light.
- Insectivorous plants do not need fertilizers.
- They prefer a wet acidic environment. In the soil with such parameters can be peat, a mixture of moss and river sand.
- In winter, plants have a period of hibernation, so their betterContain in a light, but cool room with a temperature of +5 to +10 degrees. In the spring new traps begin to form, and to the sun of the predator should be accustomed gradually.
- They can reproduce as roots, and leaf cuttings, and seeds. But this is a complex process.
- The ideal food for them is that plants consume in a natural habitat. Therefore, only living insects, and infrequently.
- And yes, do not touch the traps with your fingers!
Most of the photos were taken by Oksana Kashenko in the Aptekarsky Garden.