Designer Natalia Mitina knows exactly what she shouldBe an apartment for a young and active family: functional, moderately bright and, of course, cozy. How to achieve this? Read in our today's material All we want is that the house was not just a place to sleep, but also reflected our individuality and was at the same time stylish and modern. The recipe for this cocktail is simpler than it seems: the character of the hosts will emphasize the details, the correct color accents will bring brightness into the situation, the sense of proportion will protect you from luridness and make the interior functional. And to mix all these ingredients in the right proportions will help a real professional. Today we disclose the secret of creating the ideal housing for a modern active family by the example of an almost two-level apartment from the Latvian design studio Koncepcija. Natalia Mitina, architect-designer Head of the studio Koncepcija. Graduated from the Riga Construction College, Department of Architecture and Reconstruction, in 2000. In 2006 she received a diploma in the field of environmental design at the Baltic-Russian Institute. Member of the Union of Designers of Latvia. Multiple prize winner of the Union of Designers of Latvia in the nomination "Project of the Year", participant of the Latvian version of the program "Housing issue". Engaged in both private architecture and interiors, and public projects. Experience in the profession is 15 years. Koncepcija.lv Customers are a young energetic couple: the husband is engaged in business, the wife works as a doctor. There is a little daughter, at the time of the beginning of the work she was six months old. Spouses are very athletic, but their main hobby is kite surfing, so in the interior they could not refrain from referring to their hobbies. This is the color of the walls, reminiscent of sand on the sea beach, and pictures of sails on the wall, and even palm trees. Customers' wishes were extremely simple and clear: modern, not overloaded with extra details for life, lack of pathos and glamor, practicality. Since it was a project of a new apartment inNew building, the redevelopment was practically not done: all rooms remained in accordance with the original design, except for the door to the dressing room, which moved from the corridor to the main bedroom. However, the original architecture of the apartment is very interesting, and it was in many ways that served as inspiration for Natalia. The fact is that in fact the apartment is a one and a half level, as the floor of the living room is one meter below the main space. Accordingly, the ceiling height exceeds the average, and together with the panoramic glazing this gave room for maneuvers. The center of composition was - the most impressiveRoom in the apartment due to the difference in levels and a panoramic window all the way to the wall. The working place for the head of the family is also located in this room - this is the special wish of the customer, who prefers to stay with his family even while working, and not to do things separately in his office. The layout of the kitchen is very well structuredTwo main lines fit in: a working zone along one wall and a zone of tall cabinets with machinery along the other. Their facades are made of tinted plum-colored glass, and the white working surface and apron are made of corian. The dining area was located in the center of the kitchen, and in the opening it was decided to organize a small bar counter. In the master bedroom the main mood is setEnglish brand Sanderson, whose motives are repeated in the wall painting on the stencil. This ensemble is the brightest element in a fairly calm and minimalistly furnished room. Natalia Mitina, architect-designer: - We wanted to create a neutral background color solution for walls and floors, uniform in the whole apartment (except for the bathroom), and in each room it should be highlighted with colored accents, so this scheme is used throughout the apartment. Let's talk about . Despite the fact that at the time of the beginning of the work the daughter of the owners was only six months old, it was decided not to make a room for the baby. As you know, children grow fast, so it turned out to be just bright children's, which you can decorate as you like with the help of textiles, posters, toys, children's drawings and so on. In fact, this is a pure canvas, allowing the child to show imagination and express his own personality from an early age. The bathroom in this apartment is quite large: Its area is 11 square meters. In addition, there is a full window, and even the whole wall, and it is found in flats rarely. At the initial stage of the project, there was a wasteland outside the window, but while work was in progress, another apartment building was built there. Due to the lack of picturesque landscapes, most of the time the window is closed by Roman curtains, but the effect from sunlight still exists and creates the right mood. Natalia Mitina, architect-designer: - In the whole apartment (except for the bathroom), the floor covering is made of Latvian ash, treated with oil and varnish, to achieve a specific light yellow color. This shade we picked up through long torments and experiments, in order to get exactly the effect we need. Doors, kitchen and furniture in the bathroom are made according to an individual project. Living room and dining room - Calligaris. The carpet in the living room is Michaela Schleypen, bought at Kover Buro. The bedroom is from Misura Emme, besides the dressing table, it is also made to order. Children's - Battistella. Tile in the bathroom - FAP. Since the beginning of work on the project and before the entry of customers into the apartment was a year and a half. Do you want the same? These 5 simple tips will help you
- The best way to express yourself in the interior is to fit inIn it their interests and hobbies. However, it is important not to do it too literally and too aggressively. Be creative: for example, if you like hunting, it is not necessary to hang the living room with the heads and skins of animals. Better realize your hobby in a pair of original horns on walls or on a table, massive wooden furniture, like in a hunting lodge, and other "natural" elements.
- If your apartment initially has some kind ofAn unusual architectural solution (a panoramic window, a difference in levels, a room of non-trivial form), do not leave it without attention. Beat out what has already been given to you when building up: emphasize the floor-to-ceiling window, abandoning the blind heavy curtains and not forcing it to be furnished, make a podium for the bed in the bedroom from the second level, etc.
- Young parents are advised to think carefullyChildren's design. Let it be stylistically neutral: the child will soon grow out of butterflies, angels or machines, and doing repairs every 1-2 years is simply not economical. In addition, all children without exception are creative personalities, and they will be grateful to you for the opportunity to express themselves with the help of decor and change the appearance of the room in accordance with their current interests.
- As for the color of the whole apartment, we adviseLook at the solution in this interior. Uniform neutral walls throughout the apartment - the best background for bright furniture, textiles and accessories. When choosing the latter, pay attention to the deep, unusual and natural colors: plum, cobalt, malachite, blue, etc.
- If solid walls of calm colors for youToo simple, decorate them with a painting under the color of textiles. But not always there is time, opportunity and means to order such a unique decoration. For such cases, there is an excellent budget alternative - vinyl stickers. They are inexpensive, affordable and diverse in color, size and pattern. And they are easy to paste and, most importantly, remove at any time.