Modern apartments are rarely capable ofcorrespond to our ideas of perfection, and therefore we are increasingly thinking about such a promising concept as redevelopment. Architect Mito Melitonyan will help us to understand the issue. When making redevelopment, we must remember one important thing - nothing should be disturbed. In the future, alteration can cost a pretty penny, besides, when selling an apartment, you still have to fix everything. There are craftsmen who make any layout legal, but this is a long, painstaking and extremely costly process. The only exception is the apartments that are located on the first residential floor of the house - due to the fact that no one lives downstairs, you can do whatever you want. Mito Melitonyan, architect melitonyan.com It is worth starting the development of the future layout by considering the original BTI plan noted in the data sheet. Here you will immediately see wet areas, corridors (non-residential premises), a kitchen, etc. So, what not to do:
- Leave the wet zone in the living spacecentimeter. The thing is that the sound of running water is not put anywhere - in spite of the most powerful sound insulation, it will interfere with sleep. And the second, it is the most important thing - wet zones should be located one under the other;
- Arrange a bathroom over the kitchen;
- Make a kitchen above the living space. This room should also be duplicated lower and higher, but in the location of the devices you can feel more free - everything depends entirely on the desire and convenience of use;
- To place water heating radiators on balconies and loggias;
- In the current reality is prohibited due to the risersHeating do water warm floors in the bathrooms. Also, you can not extend the distance between the heating riser and the heating device itself by welding a long pipe. If you heat is fed into the apartment through one comb, then there is already placement of radiators, their type and length of the route remains at your discretion;
- To demolish load-bearing walls and columns and in principleShield the load-bearing elements (try to avoid the sockets in the supporting columns and walls). Punching openings in the bearing walls is possible only after agreeing the project of redevelopment and the project of reinforcing the opening. Strictly not allowed is a similar procedure in panel houses with bearing internal walls. It is only about buildings with a monolithic frame;
- To demolish the wall between the kitchen and the neighboring room if the house has a gas system. It is necessary to have either walls or partitions with a certain degree of fire resistance.
- Expand the wet zone at the expense of non-residential premises (corridors and pantries). Even if the neighbor has a bedroom downstairs in the pantry, then the BTI is a non-residential zone, and this is his problem, not yours;
- To combine bathrooms;
- Arrange on the loggia electric floor heating;
- Place the bedroom under the kitchen, but at the same time you yourself are worsening your own living conditions;
- Unite the loggia, attaching it to the room. It is necessary to warm the loggia, which, in principle, can be done without agreement. In new homes for this, if you do everything in your mind, you will need the signature of the designer of the house and the heat.
By the way, an increase in the area of an apartment may notonly by combining the loggia and the premises, but also by joining part of the common corridor. The corridor is a public space, which means it is a matter of agreement, and there are a lot of solutions here. The bottom line is the following. Before making a major repair, make a project, go to the Moscow Housing Inspection and find out if you have any doubts whether you did everything right. Obtain permission for redevelopment and calmly start repairs, otherwise you will not get problems from troubled neighbors, if any. Photo: Mito Melitonyan, pinterest.com