Brutal loft with real brick wallsconcrete ceiling and industrial furniture - this is the apartment of the architect Evgeny Evdokimov, which is located in the building of the former factory. He told us how he worked on the interior of his dreams. We often talk about loft-style interiors. Today this style is often found, especially in men's apartments, but no less often it is just styling created in new homes. Architect Evgeny Evdokimov decided that his dwelling should be decorated in the style of an industrial loft and must be located in an industrial building. This is how a room was chosen at one of the non-working factories. A real find for Eugene was the well-preserved features of the loft - rough plaster, brickwork, pipes and a concrete ceiling. Evgeny Evdokimov, architect Evgeny is our permanent expert and is often published on the pages of the online magazine. You can read more information about him.
The architect's dream
Eugene believes that the dwelling of an architect ora designer is his “calling card”. Therefore, everything in its interior must be perfect to the smallest detail. He treated the design of his own home with due responsibility. He wanted to create a truly masculine environment here that would reflect the inner world of a young man who is passionate about creativity, sports and travel. Evgeny Evdokimov, architect: - The complexity and ease consisted in the fact that I was the customer and I was the architect. On the one hand, as an architect, I am very sophisticated in design, but, on the other hand, when creating an interior for myself, I was faced with the fact that my perfectionism simply went off scale. Every detail, be it furniture or an accessory, had to ideally match each other both in style and in materials. I can't say it was easy, but it was worth it! I made an interior that completely satisfies me. I love every chair, every lamp.
Features of the layout
Feelings of complete freedom in this interior succeededachieved through an open studio layout. There is a lot of light and air here, perhaps precisely because it was originally not a residential building, but an industrial workshop with large windows and the absence of any partitions. Lighting fixtures and furniture have become the main zoning elements of the loft, dividing it into three functional areas: kitchen, dining room and living room. The bedroom was the only exception. Eugene decided to enclose it with a glass vintage frame made of metal. The curtains were fixed to the floor on it. Evgeny Evdokimov, architect: - The industrial loft is my favorite style in the interior. I find it very practical. I love the loft for the coarseness of textures, for the ability to collect and collect various design items (from chairs to old clocks), for a large amount of light, which is important for a creative person. And also - for the feeling of freedom. Loft is probably a state of mind.
Color and light
The color scheme was built around brickwalls. They have a pleasant neutral shade. It can be seen that the bricks have faded and faded since the first masonry, which was made back in the days of the Soviet Union. But it gives the walls the necessary chic. The bright red valves, chairs and utensils in the kitchen are a kind of reference to the not yet tarnished red brickwork. They also act as accents to add a sharp edge to the atmosphere. The living area is also not devoid of bright spots. There is a mustard-colored Traffic armchair and sofa. As for lighting, everything is extremely simple and practical here - all the devices in the loft illuminate the working areas, thereby zoning the space.
Kitchen - the magnet of this loft, which attracts toAttention from the very first moments. Its center is the graphite island of Mina Professional Minacciolo factory, which performs many functions. It is made in an industrial style and somewhat resembles a smithy. Complement his fridge and closet from the same collection as the island, which completely match it in color and style.
Brands, materials, decoration
- Upholstered furniture - Magis factory, Traffic collection,
- A concrete coffee table is made to order,
- Floor lamp - brand Diesel, from the collection of Fork (Evgeny's favorite collection),
- In the center of the living room is a large colored carpet that gives comfort to this zone.
- A massive dining table with a coarse metal tabletop - from the collection of Mina from the Minacciolo factory,
- Chairs - the factory Magis, from the collection of Steelwood, manufactured by one of the popular in the middle of the last century, injection molding technology,
- Hanging lamp - 85 Lamps brand Droogs Design (85 light bulbs). It is suspended on the hook of the shop crane. So it can be moved anywhere in the room and adjusted in height.
- Multifunctional graphite island - Mina Professional from Minacciolo,
- Closet - Cantinette Mina from the Minacciolo factory,
- Fridge - Dispensa Mina from the Minacciolo factory,
- Extract - Mammut from the Minacciolo factory,
- Three pendant lamps - the brand Diesel, from the collection of Fork,
- Bright red chairs - the factory Tolix, 1934.
- Bed is made to order,
- Metal frame with glazing is made to order,
- Wardrobe closet is made to order.
- On the floor - wooden parquet, in the kitchen area and in the bathroom - a bulk concrete floor,
- On the walls - brickwork, left unchanged from the industrial workshop,
- the ceiling is made of concrete.
Evgeny Evdokimov, architect: - For me, the most valuable thing in this interior is that it's not a stylization, but a real loft, with its brick, concrete, metal, beams and pipes, which remained the same as they were during the work of this plant. In it there is a story that you can read, touch it and feel its energy.
Tips from Evgeny Evdokimov on the creation of such an interior
photos provided by Evgeny Evdokimov