Want to make a zonal division of yourflats, but do not know how safe it is, or are weakly convinced of the practicality of such a division? Today experts etk-fashion.com will help you understand this seemingly fragile issue. Glass partitions are not only a way of zoning an apartment, but an element of decor. Also, glass partitions can visually increase or decrease space. But how practical is this? Is it safe to zonate the room with glass? Now experts in the person of architect Anastasia Topoyeva, designer Anna Yakupova and art director of design studio "ArtBaza" Sergey Kovalyov will tell about all the pros and cons of glass zoning of your home. Anna Yakupova, designer: Pros:
- if zoniruem glass kitchen and living room, then foreign smells do not penetrate from room to room;
- glass always looks easy, modern and appropriate, both in the brutal male interior, and in the calm urban classics;
- glass, past thermal post-processing,gets a special strength - it becomes 5-7 times stronger than usual. It is quite difficult to break, and under an unfavorable set of circumstances it collapses into fuzzy fragments, reducing the risk of injuring yourself to a minimum;
- glass partition - it's very environmentally friendly, so partitions can be used even in children's rooms. And the number of colors, the variety of patterns, the decor for glass can not be described;
- glass increases the light flux in the room;
- An important advantage of using glass is the possibility of penetration of daylight through a glass partition. This can improve the situation when zoning space with one window.
- requires some effort at care - can remain stains, fingerprints.
- they let light in and we see what is happening inside;
- placing them in the interior, we do not deprive the air and volume of the projected room, and if the partitions are sliding, then the mobility.
- glass partitions do not give full privacy;
- in contrast to the capital wall, for example, have high sound permeability, that is, everything will be heard inside and outside.
Sergey Kovalev, art director of the design studioArtBaza: We often see how Russian and foreign architects use glass and various glass partitions in the interior. Let's think about how it's functional and safe: Pros:
- glass like no other material gives a feelingair and space. This is not a blind wall, but a transparent or semi-transparent partition. At the same time, it is a full-fledged wall, creating the illusion of a zonal division of the interior;
- The degree of matting or transparency varies according tothe desire of the customer and according to the architect's idea. For example, we can change both the color and its hue. Also, glass can be made more dull and rough to the touch or smooth and transparent;
- Any image can be applied to the glass;
- The glass is much thinner than any partition wall;
- glass can be very interesting "beat" with light: the backlight can be hidden both in the butt of the glass, and put it separately. You can also change the color of the backlight.
- The glass partition can not be used as a normal wall. This is a decorative structure, nothing more;
- depending on the level of qualification of the contractor who mounted the partition, we get this or that quality and reliability of the partition itself;
- glass is a material that is strictly forbidden toUse in rooms where special acoustics are provided. The glass strongly reflects the sound and has a vibration. Thus, the effect of buying expensive acoustic equipment will be lost;
- glass should be washed.
As you managed to understand from the opinions of our experts,The zone division of the apartment with glass is more suitable for small rooms, as it contributes to a visual increase in space, and even this glass is not at all dangerous to life. We hope that the views of Anna Yakupova, Anastasia Topoeva and Sergei Kovalyov will help you make a decision about the glass zoning of your home.