"The weather is most important in the house ...". We at the editorial office of etk-fashion.com are sure that Larisa Dolina sang exactly about preparing the windows for the winter. After all, if this is not taken care of, winter can come not only on the street, but also in your apartment. So, the winter is already close, but are you still afraid of the visit of mosquitoes and other insects? No? Then why are your mosquito nets still on your windows? Today we will tell you how to properly prepare windows in your house for the winter. Mine, clean First, take a good softsponge and go to the window. Assess the scope of work, take a deep breath and proceed to a thorough wash. It is better if you use gentle detergents so as not to harm the glass unit. Our opinion:
- the ideal weather for washing windows is cloudy and warm. On a sunny day on the glass can remain a divorce. And if the window is "minus", then the glass becomes fragile;
- You can use a normal soap solution, making it with your dishwashing detergent;
- do not forget to pay attention to the windowsill, sashes and window profile (for cleaning hard-to-reach places you can use any suitable improvised items - toothpicks, matches, etc .;
- if you suffer from aerophobia, industrial climbers will help you (but for this you need to get permission to enter the roof).
- Oh, yes, take off the mosquito net!
Check the tightness of the closure Take the sheetpaper, place it between the window sashes and close the window frame. If the sheet is removed with difficulty, everything is normal, and if the paper passes freely between the flaps, then you will have to switch the windows to the "wintering" mode yourself. To do this, take the hexagonal wrench and tighten the cylindrical element located on a special plate on the window frame. Tighten until you achieve the desired tightness of the frame. Our opinion:
- after self-adjustment, check whether all parts of the window system are working correctly (in general, the adjustment of windows is best done in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions);
- Do you like to open windows often? Then you should check if the handle is loose. To bring it to the proper state, do the following: put the handle parallel to the window sill; Turn the handle trim (it is right at the base of the handle itself) by 90 degrees; tighten the screws that are under the cover of the cross (in most cases) screwdriver.
Lubricate To rid your house of drafts,it is necessary to hermetically lubricate the parts of the fittings of the window structure and the rubber seal. As a rule, technical petroleum jelly is well suited for lubrication (however, silicone "sealants" can also be used). Our opinion:
- Gum wipe well with a sponge and handle with a special pencil;
- so that condensation does not prevent you from enjoying the snow outside the window, clean the drain holes well (you can do it even with a vacuum cleaner).
And what do they think about preparing windows for winterour experts, read below. Ekaterina Avsatova, Eurostyle Service: - With the onset of the autumn-winter season, we recommend all our clients to check the condition of plastic windows. To do this, it is absolutely not necessary to call a specialist from the company to your home. It will not be difficult to independently transfer the fittings to the "winter mode", replace the sealing rubber (the price of a running meter of sealing rubber is from 20 rubles) or lubricate the installed fittings. Worse if you forgot where and when you ordered your windows. In this case, you are unlikely to remember from which profile your window structures are made in order to change the necessary constituent elements. Tatyana Serova, "Windows in the house": - Winter is a cold and windy season, so preparing windows for winter is an important and responsible event that will extend the life of the fittings. However, do not think that this process is very complicated and will require any excessive effort. For the right seasonal care of windows, the specialists of the company "Windows in the house" recommend you:
- remove dirt on the surface of the window. The plastic profile can be washed with the most common soap solution, removing the mud coating with rags or microfiber;
- be sure to pay attention to seals. Over time, due to the aggressive influence of the environment, their structure is broken, which threatens the loss of elasticity. Before winter comes, we recommend rinsing the seals with a soap solution and treating them with silicone grease;
- take care of the window hardware. This is not at all difficult: lubricate the loop groups, locks and tilt-and-tilt mechanisms with engine oil (it can be bought at any hardware store).