Modern architects and designersdesign of public and residential interiors are constantly involved in the sphere of textile design, the creation of unique objects, products and items that have a textile component, and often in a significant amount. The design of textile objects of decoration and filling of interiors separately does not possess a large-scale power of architecture. However, together with it, it forms an architectural and design environment that can have an impact on a person due to the direct connection between it and architecture in terms of comfort and nuances of emotional impact. For example, in textile architecture, the variety of options for incorporating soft materials into fences is particularly large and varies in extreme limits - from the slightly covered canopy to the premises completely enclosed by multilayered walls. The book of Anna Alexandrovna Gavrilina -architect, designer and educator - is distinguished by a comprehensive consideration of all forms of textile existence in the architecture and design of external and internal spaces. Textiles are used for enclosing structures and filling interiors of capital buildings, prefabricated movable structures, temporarily used pavilions, tents and light shelters. Soft materials are widely used in production, in agriculture, in advertising, in festive decoration and so on. Chapter 13 examines the basic foundations of interior design using the textile component. They are:
- tectonic potential of textiles in the imaginative solution of the architectural environment;
- features of the perception of textiles in the elements of the environment;
- social reference points in textile design elements of the architectural environment.
Textile component introduces its own specifics in theseinterconnection due to the fact that traditional structures and building materials that form rigid forms, in many respects differ from textile - soft and plastic. The conditions for creating a complete system are considered. Including:
- the condition for creating a coherent system of "unity of different";
- the condition of conformity of "quantity of textiles" to the specifics of compositional constructions;
- the condition of predetermining the mobility of ARCHTEX in a single structure.
Textiles in the structure of elements of the architectural environment are considered separately:
- composite connection of elements in the structure of the interior;
- textiles in the structure of fences, means of spatial designation, fixation, communication and division;
- Textiles in the composition of elements of filling the environment;
- textile design in the composite connections of objects of decoration.
In addition to the search for aesthetic expressionelements of the environment into the structure of the methodology and sense of design, it is proposed to include an updated perception of space with a special relation to the textile component and an understanding of its role and capabilities in shaping the life environment. In the book, the topic of textiles is widely discussed - from the influence of the environment and the landscape on the use of textiles in the architectural environment to the implementation of textile projects. The content of the book provides the basis for an individual approach in the search for not only a spatial and spatial solution, but also the creation of a predictable, emotionally perceived architectural environment. And the methodical principles outlined in the book were tested during the course of ten years in the teaching process at the Higher School of Environmental Design of the Moscow Institute of Architecture. The textbook can be purchased in "Architect's shop" (Kuznetsky Most street, 13. Entrance from Rozhdestvenka street).