The jumpthegap competition is being held for the seventh time,but now the prize fund has almost doubled. The jury was chaired by Patrick Schumacher, head of Zaha Hadid Architects. At the last Dubai Design Week on October 26, Roca launched the next season of the International Design Competition, which is known throughout the world as jumpthegap. It takes place every two years and aims to attract talented young professionals and seasoned industry professionals to develop the most modern bathroom solutions. You can read about the coolest developments of the past competition in this article -. This year there have been significant changes. Firstly, in honor of the Roca century, the prize fund of the competition has been increased almost twofold - up to 10 thousand euros. It was also announced that Patrick Schumacher, the German architect and head of one of the most famous studios of Zaha Hadid Architects, became the chairman of the international jury. By the way, it was he who introduced the concept of "parametrism" almost 10 years ago and even became the author of several books, in which this direction was described in detail. The jury was also joined by the Russian - industrial designer Vladimir Pirozhkov. Other members of the jury are authoritative professionals, representatives of different countries:
- Ma Yansong is an architect from China, winner of the WorldEconomicForum 2014 in the Young Global Leaders category (YGL), founder and director of the international architectural firm MAD Architects;
- Vladimir Pirozhkov - Russian designer, General Director of the Center for Prototyping of High Complexity MISiS-kinetics;
- Benedetta Tagliabue - Italian architect, director of EMBT MirallesTagliabue;
- Valentin Vodev, a designer from Bulgaria, founded VELLO bike in Vienna in 2013;
- Anjali Srinivasan is a designer from India, creative director of ChoChoMaStudios in Dubai;
- Isabel Roig, General Manager, Barcelona Design Center (BCD);
- Jose Congost is director of design and innovation at Roca Sanitario, SA.