To paint or not to paint walls in red? To whom this color will be useful and even desirable, and who of us should refrain from using red in the interior? Answers to these and other questions are looking for in our new material. Perhaps, no color causes so much controversy regarding its application in the interior. Someone thinks the red is too flashy, someone talks about its excessive intensity, some even blame this shade in creating an "unhealthy" atmosphere in space. We found four interior designers who, for one reason or another included red in their projects, and asked them just one question - why. That's what they told us. Natalia Chuzhova and Olga Shapovalova, decorators:
- What did Alisa think when she got into the looking-glass? How space is refracted, how many facets, colors and shades there are in it, how much life and many reflections of it itself. The space that surrounds us, whether it be an office or a house, is also a reflection of ourselves, our tastes and needs. It should be comfortable, functional and, of course, beautiful. It is into this atmosphere that a person enters, opening the red door of the Manders store. Restraint in everything except color. On it the accent is made.
The furniture is rich in lilac and red colors, shades of blue and gray in combination with a light floor. English aristocratism is especially for connoisseurs of art, especially modern art.
The mirror ceiling expands the space andthe consciousness of visitors. I want to consider myself in the color spots of reflections, in which also neat shelves with the assortment of goods are also visible.
Drowning in comfortable chairs, you can calmly and relaxed devote your time to choice or conversation.
The most convenient for visitors and functional for the staff - this is exactly the shop Manders. Design by Natalya Chuzhova and Olga Shapovalova Design Natalia Chuzhova and Olga Shapovalova Olga Shapovalova prepared advice on the use of red in the interior. Living room
One of the most suitable colors. I recommend using a burgundy or crimson tint. Correctly selected red thing - a sofa or chandelier - will bring into the room an atmosphere of luxury. Kitchen
Red improves mood, promotesdigestion and stimulates appetite. Note that this color visually reduces the space, try not to use it in small rooms, but make, for example, accents on the tile, textiles or dishes. Bedroom
The effect of red color on the human psyche is very large. If the bedroom for you is a resting place, then stop on a lamp shade or red pillows. Children's
- Below you can see the presentationpodium for the new fragrance Cierge de Lune ("Moonlight") of the American brand Aedes de Venustas. The perfume includes a component called "Queen's Night's Flower". It was this ingredient that became the starting point for the main idea of the podium. facebook.com/kirill.lopatinsky Design by Kirill Lopatinsky Kirill Lopatinsky, interior designer:
- The first thing that was born in my mind duringwork on the project, this is the Victorian image of Elizabeth II from the film "Elizabeth, the golden age." However, the Victorian style, despite its inherent luxury and monumentality, is itself quite gray. And the image of the Queen of the moonlight should be saturated and attractive, a bright spot on the line of GUM. I prepared three options for installation - gray, gold and red. The most spectacular was the latter, and it was realized.
Regarding the use of red in residentialinteriors, in my opinion, this shade is too exciting for the dominant position in the palette and should be used in a more dosed version, in accents. facebook.com/kirill.lopatinsky Design by Cyril Lopatinsky Design by Cyril Lopatinsky Olga Agapova, interior designer:
- This project (below in the pictures) was created forthe Fazenda program. The heroine and, accordingly, the mistress of the house dreamed of a red wall that would charge her with energy and inspire her to new accomplishments, but her husband to red color was completely disliked, preferring all colors white. The problem was not simple - it was necessary to reconcile the diametrically opposite tastes of the two people closest to each other. We still created a red wall, and not even one. And we made a practically white floor, ceiling and most of the furniture. By dark objects we have delimited the "zones of influence", while simultaneously collecting them into the overall composition. designzhilya.rf Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design Olga Agapova, Photo Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, Fazenda First Channel Olga Agapova, Interior Designer:
- In my opinion, in the residential space redcolor is best used in public areas. Yet this color is very energetic and stimulating. In the dining room, for example, red will inflame the appetite, that is, those who try to limit themselves in eating, I would not recommend red. Red needs an energetic "master", this color makes you move and does not allow sitting on the spot. Melancholic in a red interior will never get accustomed. However, for a person who does not have enough energy, red can become a medicine. In any case, choosing this color, it is necessary to focus exclusively on the owner, his abilities and needs. designzhilya.rf Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One Design by Olga Agapova, Photo by Ekaterina Fedorovskaya, "Fazenda" Channel One