What is the Zen style in the interior and how is it right?Work with him? Answers to this question we found in a Moscow apartment where a young yoga teacher lives. Zen style absorbed Japanese minimalism, texture, characteristic of Chinese interiors, the lightness present in Indian styles. There are traces of many styles of the Asia-Pacific region, connected together and adapted to Western realities. The philosophy of this style is aimed at tranquility, harmony between the interior and its owner, interior and nature. Balance should be in everything - in color, lighting, choice of textures and materials. Today we want to talk about the apartment, which is located in Moscow and is framed precisely in this direction. The creation of its interior was designed by Natalia Volkova. Natalia Volkova, interior designer - I'm a designer of interiors of private and public spaces. I also develop and create author's decor items. The main education in the field of design is the School of Interior Design "Details". In the design, I try to focus on the principles of Japanese aesthetics - space, the expression of the idea of a few strokes, lack of excess and vanity design depth of ... I study Zen style direction in the interior, have a blog on the subject. Artcrafts.ru
At the turn of cultures
The customer of this project was a youngA bachelor who is fond of authentic oriental culture. His profession is connected with the East. He is the teacher of kundalini yoga. He travels a lot, holds seminars and practices in different parts of the world. In his interior, the young man wanted to harmoniously connect the West and the East, the modern and the traditional, the future and the past. Eco-friendly materials must be used here. That's why the Zen style ideally suited his needs.
Features of the layout
The owner of the apartment likes open and brightSpace. The future interior, he saw light, spacious and filled with "air". In addition, he likes to receive guests. Since the apartment is in a new building, they decided to abandon the global redevelopment. The only thing that changed - the heating radiators were removed to the floor to make the room more spacious, and also erected one partition. Natalia Volkova, interior designer: - The main room is planned taking into account the wishes of the customer - the presence of a large space that combines the functions of the living room and kitchen. The customer likes to gather guests and sometimes arranges yoga classes at home.
Atmosphere of tranquility
According to the Zen style, the designer does notUsed bright contrasting shades. The main emphasis here is on smooth shapes and natural textures. Soft light colors freshen up space, create that light atmosphere that the owner of the apartment wanted so much to see in his interior. Natalia Volkova, interior designer: - To give the interior a "life", we introduced a shade of spring greens. We decided to emphasize this color of the vertical of space, visually expanding it. In this shade, slopes of windows, door frames, curtains are made.
Gray color as a balancing element
The corridor is dominated by a gray color scheme. She sets up a calm wave from the first moments of being in the apartment and prepares for the airy, minty interior of the living room. The main emphasis in the corridor is on the niche, trimmed with slabs of silver slate, the crucible of which was made for this project to order. Bathroom - the continuation of the general history of space. Light shades of the walls resonate with the interior of the living room, and the gray texture of ceramic granite and mosaic is a reference to the design of the corridor. Natalia Volkova, interior designer: - The main lighting - LED lamps of modern design. Also in the interior there is a gray color - the tile on the apron and the casing of the sofa. It allows you to shade white, light elements without violating the brevity of the chosen style.
Materials, Brands and Finishing
- Modern kitchen with a laconic glossy surface from the company "Kitchens of modern people" was made to order for three months.
- Extractor - brand Cata, model Podium 600 blanca.
- Audio system from the brand Monitor Audio. Since the customer likes music from different directions, one of his wishes was a good audio system.
- Cabinet for equipment - Retro Hoop Coffee Table,Company Zespoke (brought to order from the US). It was this model that was chosen specifically to maintain smooth bionic forms against the backdrop of the pattern of panels.
- Chairs - Prismea / Varo factory collection Fulvia, as well as a replica of the famous Tower model design chair bought on one of the furniture sales.
- Chest - brand Hoff, model Clio.
Wallpaper, paint, textiles:
- Tile on apron in the kitchen, walls and floor in the bathroom, the floor in the hallway - granite of Apavisa Nanoevolution, color Gray.
- Mosaic in the bathroom - the company Apavisa Nanoevolution, model Ivory striato mosaic. It supports the theme of natural stone in the interior.
- The walls in the living room and bathroom are painted with Dulux brand paint.
- Gypsum panels - the company Artpole, the collection of Soul. The drawing of these panels is one of the main accents on the central wall in the living room.
- The niche in the hall is decorated with slabs of silver slate, the cuts of which were made to order.
- The doors in the living room are Leto. To make the whole space, modern doors with a glossy surface (white linen and green platbands) were chosen. So they resonate with the format of kitchen furniture and the color solution of the entire interior.
- The floor is a massive board (ash, oil), firmSib-Master. Natural shade of the tree with a light patination and brooch to set the economic direction in the interior. Toning was developed specifically for this project.
Natalia Volkova, interior designer: - The most valuable thing in this interior is that we were able to withstand the balance that was announced at the beginning of the project. Many acquaintances of the customer confirm that the apartment is a reflection of his character, and this space, according to the owner, has become a source of strength for him.